National Park Fee’s + More

Travelling to Fraser Island Information


Permits are required for Camping and Driving on Fraser Island.

Driving, camping & barge permits can be purchased from the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing or many locations around Hervey bay & Rainbow beach, just ask the locals if your in town.

Via Telephone:

  • 13 74 68 (from within Australia) – Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing


There are limited refueling facilities on Fraser Island, if you are traveling there in your own vehicle or hire 4×4 – take extra fuel. 

These are the only refueling locations on fraser island.

  • Eurong Beach
  • Kingfisher Bay Resort
  • Happy Valley
  • Orchid Beach.


If you are not traveling via Tour(Check tour information to make sure meals are provided)

There are a limited number of shops on the island so it is advisable to bring food for your visit.

Most Food/Alcohol products are available at:

  • Eurong Beach
  • Happy Valley
  • Kingfisher Bay Resort.
  • Cathedral’s


All Items you bring to Fraser island must be Brought back with you (eg. Rubbish etc)

Fraser Island is World Heritage-listed.

Always keep food and rubbish stored safely away from dingoes.

Please avoid feeding dingoes or other species.

Staying safe

Fraser Island is one of Australia’s most beautiful natural wilderness’s

Consideration should be taken with all activities, access, climate and wildlife situations.

The Dilli Village Information Sheet (PDF 579KB) has Great advice on how to stay safe on Fraser Island.